CS/CS/HB 7195: School Choice
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Costello
School Choice; Establishes criteria for high-performing charter schools & high-performing charter school systems; provides for eligibility verification by Commissioner of Education; authorizes establishment of charter schools that replicate certain educational programs; revises charter school provisions relating to application, charter provisions, charter school governing boards, procedures & appeal of nonrenewal or termination, enrollment preferences, exemption from requirements, & capital outlay funding, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), CS/CS/HB 7197 (Ch. 2011-137), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 383
• Introduced -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/15/11, 9:45 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 1 -HJ 672
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 671
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/20/11, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 668
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 766
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 765
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 775
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 865
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), CS/CS/HB 7197 (Ch. 2011-137), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.