CS/CS/HB 7197: Digital Learning
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ford ; McBurney ; McKeel ; Passidomo ; Precourt ; Young
Digital Learning; Creates Digital Learning Now Act; requires school districts to establish virtual instruction options; authorizes establishment of virtual charter schools & provides requirements; authorizes blended learning courses; provides additional requirements for Florida Virtual School; requires full-time & part-time school district virtual instruction program options; provides funding & accountability requirements; requires online learning course for high school graduation; redefines FTE student for purposes of virtual instruction.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-137, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 383
• Introduced -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/15/11, 9:45 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 1 -HJ 672
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 671
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/20/11, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 668
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 766
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 766
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 765
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 864
• Amendment(s) failed (355451, 907781) -HJ 864
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 978
• CS passed; YEAS 98 NAYS 19 -HJ 978
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 715
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget; Rules -SJ 716
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget; Rules -SJ 776
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1620 -SJ 776
• Read 2nd time -SJ 776
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 776
• Read 3rd time -SJ 790
• CS passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 12 -SJ 791
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1164
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-137, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.