CS/CS/HB 189: Criminal Restitution
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Young ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Diaz ; Fullwood ; Grant ; Harrell ; Julien ; Logan ; Nunez ; Pilon ; Steube ; Tobia ; Trujillo
Criminal Restitution; Provides that crime victim entitled to restitution may include trade association representing owner or lawful producer of recording who sustains loss as result of physical piracy; provides limitation of restitution obligation to specifically exclude acts of online piracy; defines "trade association."
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 10/18/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 174
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 169
• Introduced -HJ 21
• CS by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/01/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 455
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 445
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 525
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/15/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 619
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 636
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 636
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 812
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 812
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 912
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 912
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 432 -SJ 912
• Read 2nd time -SJ 912
• Read 3rd time -SJ 912
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 912
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1178
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-17
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.