CS/CS/HB 293: State Ombudsman Program
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Roberson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pritchett
State Ombudsman Program; Reorganizes long-term ombudsman services; provides duties of Office of State Long-Term Care Ombudsman & State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Council; provides conditions under which representative of office could be found to have conflict of interest; provides immunity from liability for representative of office; requires long-term care facilities to provide representatives of office with access to facilities, residents, & records for certain purposes; provides for office to coordinate ombudsman services with Disability Rights Florida.
Last Action: 4/23/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7018 (Ch. 2015-31), CS/CS/HB 1001 (Ch. 2015-126) -HJ 742
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 02/10/15, 10:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 134
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 131
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 131
• Introduced -HJ 27
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/12/15, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 236
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 232
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 249
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Substituted CS/SB 7018 -HJ 742
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7018 (Ch. 2015-31), CS/CS/HB 1001 (Ch. 2015-126) -HJ 742
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.