CS/CS/SB 1052: Experimental Treatments for Terminal Conditions
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Health Policy ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel
Experimental Treatments for Terminal Conditions; Citing this act as the "Right to Try Act"; providing conditions for a manufacturer to provide certain drugs, products, or devices to an eligible patient; providing protection from disciplinary or legal action against a physician who makes certain treatment recommendations; providing that a cause of action may not be asserted against the manufacturer of certain drugs, products, or devices or a person or entity caring for a patient using such drugs, products, or devices under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 269 (Ch. 2015-107) -SJ 670
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 105
• Introduced -SJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 221
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 223
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 352
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 504
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 505
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 504
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 670
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 269 -SJ 670
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 269 (Ch. 2015-107) -SJ 670
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.