HB 1063: Public Records and Meetings/Nurse Licensure Compact
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Pigman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Renner ; Sprowls
Public Records and Meetings/Nurse Licensure Compact; Provides exemption from public records requirements for certain information held by DOH or Board of Nursing pursuant to Nurse Licensure Compact; provides exemption from public meeting requirements for certain meetings of Interstate Commission of Nurse Licensure Compact Administrators; provides exemption from public records requirements for recordings, minutes, & records generated during closed portions of such meetings; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statement of public necessity; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-97, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1061 (Ch. 2016-139)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Select Committee on Affordable Healthcare Access; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 90
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to- Select Committee on Affordable Healthcare Access; Government Operations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Select Committee on Affordable Healthcare Access, 01/11/16, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Select Committee on Affordable Healthcare Access; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 167
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 167
• Introduced -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 243
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/27/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 307
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 307
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 626
• Amendment(s) adopted (174853) -HJ 627
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 654
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 2 -HJ 655
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 590
• Received -SJ 590
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 616
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 616
• Substituted for CS/SB 1306 -SJ 616
• Read 2nd time -SJ 616
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 708
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 708
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 822
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-97, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1061 (Ch. 2016-139)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.