CS/SB 152: Ordering of Medication
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Grimsley
Ordering of Medication; Revising the authority of a licensed physician assistant to order medication under the direction of a supervisory physician for a specified patient; authorizing an advanced registered nurse practitioner to order medication for administration to patients in specialized facilities; authorizing a licensed practitioner to authorize a licensed physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner to order controlled substances for administration to patients in specified facilities under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1241 (Ch. 2016-145) -SJ 618
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 10/20/15, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/18/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 498
• Read 2nd time -SJ 618
• Substituted HB 1241 -SJ 618
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1241 (Ch. 2016-145) -SJ 618
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.