CS/HB 347: Utility Projects
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Sprowls ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell
Utility Projects; Authorizes certain local agencies to apply to certain local government agencies to finance costs of certain utility projects by issuing utility cost containment bonds; provides criteria in applying for funds; provides criteria of drafting financing resolution; provides procedures to establish or adjust utility projects; provides requirements for collection of project charges; specifies legal status of project charges for securing payment of bonds; specifies payment obligations & legal status of utility cost containment bonds.
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 11/17/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 160
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 12/01/15, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 156
• Introduced -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 145
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 218
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 669
• Amendment(s) adopted (822187, 904239) -HJ 670
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 705
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 706
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Finance and Tax; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Appropriations -SJ 645
• Received -SJ 645
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Finance and Tax; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Appropriations -SJ 908
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 908
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 324 -SJ 908
• Read 2nd time -SJ 908
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 921
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 921
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1046
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.