CS/SB 396: Student Loan Debt
Student Loan Debt; Defining the term “student loans”; requiring postsecondary institutions to annually provide certain students with specified information regarding their student loans; providing that an institution does not incur any liability for providing such information, etc.
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/21/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 149
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 65
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 277
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 289
• Amendment(s) adopted (540372) -SJ 289
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 289
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 317
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 317
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Received -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 867 -HJ 739
• Read 2nd time -HJ 739
• Amendment(s) adopted (718703) -HJ 739
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 771
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 771
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (718703) -SJ 626
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 626
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 626
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.