The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 687: Utilities
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Drake ; Gruters
Utilities; Authorizes DOT & certain local governmental entities to prescribe & enforce rules re: placing & maintaining communications services lines/wireless facilities; prohibits authority regulation of facility collocation; authorizes authority to require registration process & permit fees; requires authority to process applications; prohibits authority from requiring approval/fees for maintenance/placement of facilities; provides requirements for collocation on authority utility poles; requires authority to waive certain application & placement requirements; prohibits authority from adopting/enforcing certain regulations & imposing certain fees; authorizes wireless infrastructure provider to apply to place utility poles; authorizes authority to enforce certain local codes/rules/regulations under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 6/26/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-136, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 865 (Ch. 2017-42)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 82
• Introduced -HJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 03/15/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 383
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 379
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 394
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/24/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 2 -HJ 807
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 798
• Read 2nd time -HJ 932
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 963
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 3 -HJ 963
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 568
• Received -SJ 567
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 551
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 551
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 596 -SJ 551
• Read 2nd time -SJ 551
• Read 3rd time -SJ 551
• CS passed; YEAS 33 NAYS 1 -SJ 551
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1016
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-136, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 865 (Ch. 2017-42)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.