CS/CS/SB 852: Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking; Requiring the Department of Children and Families or a sheriff’s office to conduct a multidisciplinary staffing on child victims of commercial sexual exploitation to determine the child’s service and placement needs; revising the continuing medical education course requirements for certain relicensures or recertifications to include a course in human trafficking; adding human trafficking to the list of crimes requiring pretrial detention of the defendant, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 182
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 182
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 224
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 331
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/13/17
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 397
• Amendment(s) adopted (619590) -SJ 397
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 397
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 420
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 420
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 775
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Received -HJ 775
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1383 -HJ 825
• Read 2nd time -HJ 825
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 863
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 863
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 500
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-23
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.