SB 1586: Student Eligibility for Interscholastic Athletic Competition
GENERAL BILL by Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Farmer
Student Eligibility for Interscholastic Athletic Competition; Revising requirements for the bylaws of the Florida High School Athletic Association governing student eligibility to participate in interscholastic athletic competition; revising the information that must be included on the preparticipation physical evaluation form, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 205
• Introduced -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/17/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 424
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.