HJR 811: Membership of Cabinet; Election of Secretary of State
JOINT RESOLUTION by Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Raschein
Membership of Cabinet; Election of Secretary of State; Revises membership of Cabinet, effective June 1, 2019, to include Secretary of State, whom Governor shall appoint, subject to Senate confirmation, for term ending January 3, 2023; thereafter provides for statewide election of secretary beginning in 2022.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Rules and Policy Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/13/17, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 361
• Now in Rules and Policy Committee -HJ 361
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules and Policy Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.