CS/HB 85: Voter Registration List Maintenance
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis ; Hahnfeldt ; Metz ; Payne ; Stone
Voter Registration List Maintenance; Authorizes DOS to become member of nongovernmental entity to verify voter registration information; establishes requirements for such memberships; requires DHSMV to provide specified information to DOS; establishes reporting requirements.
Last Action: 3/21/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-32, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 10/11/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 10/25/17, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 251
• Introduced -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 368
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 367
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 458
• Amendment(s) adopted (782859) -HJ 458
• Read 3rd time -HJ 458
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 458
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 307
• Received -SJ 307
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 313
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 313
• Substituted for CS/SB 276 -SJ 313
• Read 2nd time -SJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 369
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 369, 370
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 682
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-32, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2018-33)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.