CS/SB 226: Inmate Reentry Services
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bracy
Inmate Reentry Services; Requiring the release orientation program to consist of at least 200 hours of instruction time; requiring the Department of Corrections to assist inmates in securing the identified basic support services; requiring the department to notify every inmate of opportunities for industry certifications and job placement in the community in which the inmate will be released, etc.
Last Action: 1/9/2018 Senate - CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 94
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 10/09/17, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 22
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 94
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.