CS/CS/HB 385: Transient Occupants of Residential Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Porter
Transient Occupants of Residential Property; Revises criteria for determination of whether person is transient occupant; specifies when transient occupancy ends; provides that party entitled to possession of dwelling must allow former transient occupant to recover his or her personal belongings at reasonable time & conditions; creates presumption that personal belongings are abandoned in certain circumstances; authorizes civil actions for recovery of personal property.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 566 -HJ 1014
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 259
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 36
• Favorable by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 262
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 250
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 436
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 444
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted CS/SB 566 -HJ 1014
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 566 -HJ 1014
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.