CS/CS/HB 423: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Rodrigues ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Higher Education; Revises provision relating to Board of Governors, preeminent state research universities program, State University System Performance-Based Incentive, direct-support organizations, statewide articulation agreement, common placement testing, postsecondary student fees, block tuition, certain scholarship programs, & USF; creates specified scholarship programs. APPROPRIATION: $123,513,035
Last Action: 3/2/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2018-4) -HJ 812
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 39
• Introduced -HJ 38
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 362
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 361
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 534
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/27/18, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 1 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 686
• Substituted CS/SB 4 -HJ 812
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2018-4) -HJ 812
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.