CS/CS/SB 1104: Transportation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Transportation ; Brandes
Transportation; Requiring the Department of Transportation to consist of a central office that establishes policies and procedures and districts that carry out projects as authorized or required under the policies and procedures of the central office; deleting a provision relating to prohibitions on certain vehicles following other vehicles within 300 feet; authorizing a mobile carrier to operate on sidewalks and crosswalks; revising regulations to which owners and drivers of commercial motor vehicles are subject; authorizing the Florida Turnpike Enterprise to fund, construct, and operate test facilities for the advancement of autonomous and connected innovative transportation technology solutions for specified purposes, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 205
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 211
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 807
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 771
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 771
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 974
• Amendment(s) adopted (414952, 501640, 690332, 758604) -SJ 975, 976
• Amendment(s) failed (305832) -SJ 976
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (305832) -SJ 976
• Read 3rd time -SJ 976
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 976
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.