CS/SB 1126: Licensure of Check Cashers
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Licensure of Check Cashers; Providing an exemption from licensure under part III of ch. 560, F.S., for persons authorized by the Office of Financial Regulation to cash, subject to certain limitations, certain payment instruments within a specified aggregate face value range; requiring the office to authorize the person to cash such instruments without such licensure if specified conditions are met, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 337
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 338
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.