CS/CS/HB 1217: Deployed Parent Custody and Visitation
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Pigman ; Willhite
Deployed Parent Custody and Visitation; Creating provisions entitled "Uniform Deployed Parents Custody and Visitation Act"; providing requirements for agreement forms, termination, modification, power of attorney, and filing; providing requirements for temporary orders granting custodial responsibility; requiring certain witnesses to be sworn in by specified officers, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 107
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 407
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/29/18, 3:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 473
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 473
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 548
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 626
• Amendment(s) adopted (334303, 748139) -HJ 626, 630
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 654
• Read 3rd time -HJ 705
• Amendment(s) adopted (197269, 438239, 618025, 761825, 812479) -HJ 705, 706
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 706
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules -SJ 418
• Received -SJ 418
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Rules -SJ 747
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 783
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1598 -SJ 747
• Read 2nd time -SJ 747
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 846
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 846
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1079
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-69
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.