CS/CS/SB 188: Department of Health
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Harrell
Department of Health; Revising health care practitioner licensure application requirements; revising licensure requirements for a person seeking licensure or certification as an osteopathic physician; revising requirements for examinations of dental hygienists; revising athletic trainer licensure requirements; revising qualifications for licensure as a massage therapist; revising requirements for licensure by endorsement or certification for specified professions, etc.
Last Action: 4/10/2019 House - Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 604
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/20/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/07/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 188
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/14/19 -SJ 237
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 229
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 252
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Immediately certified -SJ 254
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 577
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Received -HJ 577
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 604
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.