CS/CS/SB 1020: State Hemp Program
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Agriculture ; Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Hutson ; Bracy
State Hemp Program; Creating the state hemp program within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; requiring licensees to use specified hemp seeds and cultivars; revising the colleges and universities at which the department is required to authorize and oversee the development of industrial hemp pilot projects; removing a condition for the implementation of industrial hemp commercialization projects, etc.
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Agriculture (AG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Agriculture; Rules -SJ 110
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 03/06/19, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 110
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Agriculture
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/25/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 284
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 294
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 430
• Amendment(s) adopted (925196) -SJ 432
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 433
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 483
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1014
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1015
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1075
• Amendment(s) adopted (250377) -HJ 1075, 1077
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1116
• Amendment(s) adopted (119005, 751155) -HJ 1116, 1117
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 1117
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (024859) -SJ 895
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 895
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 895
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-132
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.