CS/SB 1342: Postsecondary Education for Secondary Students
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Stargel
Postsecondary Education for Secondary Students; Requiring postsecondary institutions to annually report specified information to the Commissioner of Education; revising the grade point average requirement for student eligibility relating to initial and continued enrollment in college credit dual enrollment courses; requiring, rather than authorizing, instructional materials to be made available to certain dual enrollment students free of charge; providing additional options for students participating in an early college program; authorizing certain private school and home education students to enroll in an early college program, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 134
• Introduced -SJ 134
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/26/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/02/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/09/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.