CS/CS/HB 143: Protection of Vulnerable Investors
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Donalds ; Brown ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caruso ; Cortes ; Driskell ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Silvers ; Watson, B. ; Yarborough
Protection of Vulnerable Investors; Requires securities dealers, investment advisers, & associated persons to report abuse, neglect, or exploitation of vulnerable adults to DCF's central abuse hotline; authorizes dealers & advisers to delay transaction or disbursement of funds or securities based on reasonable belief of exploitation of specified adults; provides notice requirements; authorizes DCF to provide status of investigations to certain persons; requires dealers or advisers to make certain records available to OFR; provides specified immunity for certain persons.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/23/19, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall -- Removed from meeting agenda
• Introduced -HJ 33
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 435
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 445
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 598
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 595
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 693
• Read 3rd time -HJ 693
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 455
• Received -SJ 455
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.