CS/CS/SB 426: Firefighters
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Torres ; Hooper ; Perry ; Gruters ; Broxson ; Stewart ; Taddeo ; Berman ; Powell ; Mayfield ; Rouson ; Montford ; Bracy ; Farmer ; Book ; Gibson ; Bean ; Wright ; Harrell ; Baxley ; Rodriguez ; Rader
Firefighters; Granting certain benefits to a firefighter upon receiving a diagnosis of cancer if certain conditions are met; requiring an employer to make certain disability payments to a firefighter in the event of a total and permanent disability; providing for death benefits to a firefighter’s beneficiary if a firefighter dies as a result of cancer or cancer treatments; adjusting the allocation of funds to provide line-of-duty death benefits for members in the investment plan of the Florida Retirement System, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/19/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 62
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 350
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19 -SJ 413
• Read 2nd time -SJ 411
• Amendment(s) adopted (566368) -SJ 411
• Read 3rd time -SJ 411
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• In Messages
• Substituted for HB 7129 -HJ 786
• Received -HJ 786
• Read 2nd time -HJ 786
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 803
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 803
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 469
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 580
• Approved by Governor -SJ 954
• Chapter No. 2019-21
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.