CS/CS/HB 437: Community Development Districts
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Buchanan
Community Development Districts; Authorizes certain lands within county or municipality which petitioner anticipates adding to a new community development district to be identified in petition to establish new district; provides detailed procedures for amending boundaries of a district to add land; authorizes community development districts to merge with another type of special district created by special act or by filing petition for establishment of new district; authorizes community development district merging with another type of district to enter into merger agreements for certain purposes.
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/05/19, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 55
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 351
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 349
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 03/25/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 497
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 1 -HJ 545
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 541
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 550
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 689
• Read 3rd time -HJ 689
• CS passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 9 -HJ 690
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 458
• Received -SJ 458
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 589
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 728 -SJ 589
• Read 2nd time -SJ 589
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 633
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 633
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1097
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-164
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.