SB 446: Coastal Management
Coastal Management; Revising the criteria the Department of Environmental Protection must consider in determining and assigning annual funding priorities for beach management and erosion control projects; revising the ranking criteria to be used by the department to establish certain funding priorities for certain inlet-caused beach erosion projects; revising requirements for the comprehensive long-term management plan; requiring the plan to include a strategic beach management plan, a critically eroded beaches report, and a statewide long-range budget plan, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2019-122) -SJ 448
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/05/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 63
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 03/13/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 237
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19 -SJ 413
• Read 2nd time -SJ 411
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 448
• Substituted CS/HB 325 -SJ 448
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2019-122) -SJ 448
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.