CS/HB 7089: Nicotine Products
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Health Market Reform Subcommittee ; Toledo ; Duran ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine
Nicotine Products; Requires retailers of nicotine products to have permit; provides requirements for such permit; provides for consent to inspection & search; provides penalty for operating without permit; provides restrictions of sale or delivery of nicotine products; prohibits gift of nicotine product samples to certain persons; provides for mitigation of disciplinary penalties & civil & criminal penalties; provides requirements for remote sales of nicotine products.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/CS/CS/SB 810 passed -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 578
• Referred to Commerce Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 584
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 5 -HJ 630
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 630
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/26/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 693
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 755
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/CS/CS/SB 810 passed -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.