CS/SB 1078: Special Election/Surviving Spouse Ad Valorem Tax Reduction
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space ; Wright
Special Election/Surviving Spouse Ad Valorem Tax Reduction; Providing for a special election to be held on August 18, 2020, pursuant to Section 5, Article XI of the State Constitution, for the approval or rejection by the electors of this state of amendments to the State Constitution, proposed by joint resolution, relating to an ad valorem tax discount for spouses of certain deceased veterans who had permanent, combat-related disabilities, the transfer of the ad valorem tax discount to another permanent residence of the surviving spouse under specified conditions, and an effective date if such amendments are adopted, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections, companion bill(s) passed, see HJR 877 (Passed)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space (MS)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 79
• Introduced -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Ethics and Elections
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space read 1st time -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/03/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ethics and Elections, companion bill(s) passed, see HJR 877 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.