CS/SB 1148: Electric Bicycles
GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security ; Brandes
Electric Bicycles; Revising definitions relating to the Florida Uniform Traffic Control Law; authorizing a county or municipality to enact an ordinance regulating the operation of electric bicycles on sidewalks or sidewalk areas when such use is permissible under federal law; expanding exceptions to a prohibition on persons driving certain vehicles on sidewalks and bicycle paths; requiring electric bicycles to comply with specified provisions of law, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 971 (Ch. 2020-69) -SJ 548
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 84
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 02/03/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/10/20, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 247
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Read 2nd time -SJ 548
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 971 -SJ 548
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 971 (Ch. 2020-69) -SJ 548
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.