CS/SB 168: Drinking Water in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pizzo ; Berman ; Gibson ; Book ; Stewart ; Rader ; Rouson ; Taddeo ; Torres ; Farmer ; Rodriguez ; Thurston ; Powell
Drinking Water in Public Schools; Subject to legislative appropriation, requiring district boards to coordinate with district school boards to identify certain schools and to provide funding to such schools; requiring certain school districts to install filters that meet certain specifications on drinking water sources; authorizing district boards to request additional funding to compensate school district staff for the installation or replacement of filters, etc. APPROPRIATION: $3,000,000
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 11/12/19, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 131
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Introduced -SJ 16
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 121
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.