CS/CS/SB 1692: Driver Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Infrastructure and Security ; Flores
Driver Licenses; Requiring application forms for original, renewal, and replacement driver licenses and identification cards to include language allowing a voluntary contribution to the Live Like Bella Childhood Cancer Foundation; authorizing a person with specified disabilities to have the capital letter “D” exhibited on his or her driver license under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 787 (Ch. 2020-178) -SJ 594
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 166
• Introduced -SJ 166
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 02/10/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/18/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 415
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 787 -SJ 594
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 787 (Ch. 2020-178) -SJ 594
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.