HB 329: Insurance Guaranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Smith, D.
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Authorizes employee of Florida Insurance Guaranty Association or employee of guaranty association of another state to adjust losses for Florida Insurance Guaranty Association if certain conditions are met; revises calculation of insurers' initial payments to association; revises requirements for OIR in levying workers' compensation insurers; provides that insurer's direct written premium may not be reduced by certain amounts for purposes of determining insurer assessments or policyholder surcharges; revises requirements for remitting policy surcharges & assessments; provides that assessments paid by insurers constitute advances of funds to Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 540 (Ch. 2020-54) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/06/19, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 285
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/11/19, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall -- Meeting Cancelled
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/16/20, 2:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 30
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 402
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 403
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 540 (Ch. 2020-54) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.