CS/CS/HB 359: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Santiago
Insurance; Revises electronic signature requirement for motor vehicle salvage certificate of title; authorizes payment of certain workers' compensation benefits to be transmitted to employee's account with licensed money transmitter; revises requirements & procedures for civil remedy notice provided to insurers & DFS; revises timeframe for insurer to pay damages; revises persons who may be licensed to transact in travel insurance; revises ratemaking factor for workers' compensation & employer's liability insurance; revises criteria for assessing residential condominium unit owner's loss assessment coverage; requires travel insurers to pay insurance premium tax on specified travel insurance premiums; specifies policyholder's or certificateholder's right to cancel travel protection plan for full refund.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1606 (Ch. 2020-63) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 32
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 32
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 409
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 419
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 419
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 633
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1606 (Ch. 2020-63) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.