CS/CS/SB 410: Growth Management
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Perry
Growth Management; Prohibiting counties from adopting, after a specified date, a comprehensive plan, a land development regulation, or another form of restriction unless certain conditions are met; prohibiting a municipality from annexing specified areas under certain circumstances; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to give a preference to certain counties and municipalities when selecting applications for funding for specified technical assistance; requiring local governments to include a property rights element in their comprehensive plans, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2021 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 32
• Introduced -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/27/20, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 217
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/20, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -SJ 374
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/20 -SJ 411
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 374
• Read 2nd time -SJ 403
• Amendment(s) adopted (524444, 778692) -SJ 403
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 406
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 458
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 26 NAYS 14 -SJ 458
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (373229, 856967) -SJ 835
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 23 NAYS 16 -SJ 835, 836
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 835
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1398 (Ch. 2020-122), CS/SB 7018 (Ch. 2020-21)
• Veto Message received (2021 Regular Session) -SJ 185
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 185
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.