CS/SB 7018: Essential State Infrastructure
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Infrastructure and Security
Essential State Infrastructure; Authorizing the Department of Transportation to plan, design, and construct staging areas as part of the turnpike system for the intended purpose of staging supplies for prompt provision of assistance to the public in a declared state of emergency; requiring the department to coordinate, develop, and recommend a master plan for the development of electric vehicle charging station infrastructure along the State Highway System; providing construction relating to the rights of an owner of land that has been traditionally used for agriculture and is subject to a conservation easement, etc.
• Submitted for consideration by Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 12/09/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/13/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 362
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/20 -SJ 411
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 411
• Read 2nd time -SJ 447
• Amendment(s) adopted (148826) -SJ 448
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 449
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 505
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 505
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1012
• Received -HJ 1012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1061
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1119
• CS passed; YEAS 97 NAYS 19 -HJ 1119
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 846
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-21
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.