CS/HB 567: Correction of Errors in Deeds
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Altman
Correction of Errors in Deeds; Provides deed containing single scrivener's error in description of real property may convey title despite such error if certain requirements are met, including filing of curative notice; specifies form of notice; provides for recording & operation of notice.
Last Action: 2/12/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 886 (Ch. 2020-33) -HJ 544
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 47
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 398
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 410
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/05/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 492
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/12/20
• Substituted SB 886 -HJ 544
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 886 (Ch. 2020-33) -HJ 544
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.