CS/CS/HB 613: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee ; Rodrigues, R. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine
Higher Education; Revising provisions relating to SBE & BOG powers & duties, preeminent state research universities program, State University System Performance-Based Incentive, textbook & instructional materials affordability, Florida Industrial & Phosphate Research Institute, educational grant programs, Benacquisto Scholarship Program, & FCS institution & state university funding; creates Florida Institute for Great Citizenship.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 72 (Ch. 2020-117) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 317
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 50
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 282
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 392
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 693
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 685
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 846
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 72 (Ch. 2020-117) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.