CS/HB 717: Space Florida Financing
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Sirois ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hill
Space Florida Financing; Specifies bonding provisions to which Space Florida is subject; revises powers of Space Florida; removes provisions regarding presentation of bond proposals to, & approval of bond issuance by, Governor & Cabinet; revises provisions relating to securing issuance of revenue bonds; repeals provisions relating to pledging assessments & other revenues & properties as additional security on bonds, issuance of bond anticipation notes, & short-term borrowing; revises provisions relating to lien of pledges; revises bond maturity date requirements; authorizes Space Florida to validate bonds pursuant to certain provisions.
• Referred to Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 58
• Favorable by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/27/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 447
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 447
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 524
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 521
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 648
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 470
• Received -SJ 470
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 696
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1070 -SJ 696
• Read 2nd time -SJ 696
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 730
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 730
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1171
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-105
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.