CS/CS/HB 787: Driver Licenses and Identification Cards
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Tomkow ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gottlieb
Driver Licenses and Identification Cards; Requires application forms for original, renewal, & replacement driver licenses & ID cards to include language allowing voluntary contribution to Live Like Bella Childhood Cancer Foundation; authorizes person with specified disabilities to have capital letter "D" placed on his or her driver license; provides requirements for placement of such letter on, or removal of such letter from, person's driver license.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 66
• Introduced -HJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 461
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 486
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 486
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 681
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 680
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Amendment(s) adopted (594085) -HJ 898
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 975
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 975
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 555
• Received -SJ 555
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 594
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1692 -SJ 594
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 679
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 680
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-178
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.