SB 832: Public Records/Members of the Legislature and the Cabinet
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Stargel
Public Records/Members of the Legislature and the Cabinet; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain identifying and location information of current members of the Legislature and the Cabinet, and the children and spouses of such legislators and officers; providing for retroactive application; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/21/20, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 154
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.