CS/SB 834: Emergency Alerts
GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security ; Simmons
Emergency Alerts; Authorizing a local law enforcement agency to activate the emergency alert system and issue a Lockdown Alert to public and private schools and child care facilities under certain circumstances; requiring local law enforcement agencies to create and maintain a list of all public schools, private schools, and child care facilities within their jurisdictions which must be included in the Lockdown Alert; providing immunity from civil liability to certain persons for damages for complying in good faith with specified provisions, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 01/13/20, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Introduced -SJ 63
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 187
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.