CS/SB 1292: Medicaid
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Bean
Medicaid; Deleting a requirement for the Agency for Health Care Administration to submit an annual report to the Legislature on the operation of the pharmaceutical expense assistance program; revising the method for determining prescribed drug provider reimbursements; requiring the agency to establish certain procedures related to prior authorization requests rather than prior consultation requests; revising the definitions of the terms “medical necessity” and “medically necessary” to provide an exception for behavior analysis services determinations, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1057 (Ch. 2021-151) -SJ 720
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 130
• Introduced -SJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/24/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 319
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/08/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 719
• Substituted CS/HB 1057 -SJ 720
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1057 (Ch. 2021-151) -SJ 720
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.