CS/SB 1326: Public Records/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Harrell
Public Records/Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Providing exemptions from public records requirements for secure login credentials, Internet protocol addresses, and geolocation data held by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236), CS/HB 1313 (Ch. 2021-235) -SJ 620
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 133
• Introduced -SJ 133
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 244
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 620
• Substituted CS/HB 1315 -SJ 620
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236), CS/HB 1313 (Ch. 2021-235) -SJ 620
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.