SB 1470: Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association
GENERAL BILL by Boyd
Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association; Defining the term “Moody’s Corporate Bond Yield Average”; authorizing the association to assume or reissue covered policies of impaired insurers; granting the association the right to appear or intervene before a court or an agency in certain proceedings; revising the calculation of Class A assessments; specifying requirements for repayment of deferred assessments upon removal or rectification of the conditions causing a deferral, etc.
Last Action: 4/21/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 797 -SJ 515
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/16/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 03/24/21, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 515
• Substituted HB 797 -SJ 515
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 797 -SJ 515
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.