CS/SB 166: Public Records/Nonjudicial Record of the Arrest of a Minor
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gruters
Public Records/Nonjudicial Record of the Arrest of a Minor; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for a nonjudicial record of the arrest of a minor who has successfully completed a diversion program; providing for retroactive application; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/15/2022 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/17/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 49
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 166
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 375
• Read 3rd time -SJ 375
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 375
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2021 Special Session B, 2022 Regular Session) -SJ 4
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 4
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.