CS/SB 386: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Wright
Courts; Revising a presumption regarding a monthly payment amount under a payment plan for court-related assessments; authorizing a court to waive, modify, and convert certain fees, costs, and service charges into community service under specified circumstances; revising the disposition of civil penalties received by a county court, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 355
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 347
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.