CS/CS/SB 838: Clerks of the Circuit Court
Clerks of the Circuit Court; Requiring certain service charges to be distributed in a specified manner; specifying the amount of charges for certain services rendered by, and instruments filed with, the clerk of the circuit court which are not court records; clarifying the responsibility of an individual released from incarceration regarding enrolling in a payment plan for any outstanding court obligations; requiring the clerks to develop a uniform payment plan form by a specified date; requiring the clerks of the court to submit requests for reimbursement for jury-related costs to the Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation within specified timeframes, etc.
Last Action: 6/18/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-116
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 98
• Introduced -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/21, 11:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/17/21, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 282
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 477
• Read 2nd time -SJ 542
• Read 3rd time -SJ 542
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 542
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 746
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-116
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.