CS/SB 420: Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Exclusions
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Hooper
Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Exclusions; Providing that private passenger motor vehicle policies may exclude certain coverages for claims resulting from the operation of motor vehicles by identified individuals under certain circumstances; requiring excluded drivers to meet certain requirements for financial responsibility, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 65
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/21, 11:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 545
• Amendment(s) adopted (472820) -SJ 545
• Read 3rd time -SJ 546
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 546
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-96
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.