CS/CS/SB 48: Educational Scholarship Programs
Educational Scholarship Programs; Requiring the Auditor General to conduct certain audits at least every 3 years instead of annually; adding certain students to those to whom district school boards must provide preferential treatment in the controlled open enrollment process; establishing the McKay-Gardiner Scholarship Program; revising the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program; repealing the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program; providing that private virtual schools meet the requirement to maintain a physical location in this state if such virtual schools maintain at least one administrative office in a specified manner, etc. APPROPRIATION: $264,687
Last Action: 3/10/2021 Senate - CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 225
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/03/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 177
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/17/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 179
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/04/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 36
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 158
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 8 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 225
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.